Friday, July 15, 2011

Electronic Noise

99 Problems By Hugo


I heard this for the first time the other day watching the film No Strings Attached. I found myself listening to this song in the background instead of the dialogue. One of my favorite things to do with songs I love is go on youtube and find other famous bands/singers that have done covers of it and compare it to the original. I love to see how each artist tries to make it their own. I think that 99 Problems by Hugo is a great example of this. Now don't get me wrong I love the original by Jay-Z just as much, but I love this one too! 
           Another example of a great cover is Rave On by M Ward, originally by Buddy Holly. Or The Rolling Stone's version of Ain't Too Proud to Beg by The Temptations. Check out those videos by clicking on the song titles above! 

No comments:

Post a Comment