Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli Festival at IFC!

Being a child that grew up on Hayao Miyazaki films I can't tell you how happy I was when I saw the front page of the NYTimes Arts section covered in a still from Totoro (my first Miyazaki film, created in 1988). It turns out that starting now until January 5th IFC theaters all over NYC will be showing Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki's Studio) films, there are a few that I haven't seen yet and will be sure to catch in theaters. This is a real treat to anyone who appreciates what Miyazaki has created in these truly beautiful and magical stories, I really recommend anyone with children to take some time over the holiday to bring them to one of these films (all trailers area available on youtube). Click here for times, dates and locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment